This week, we asked London based Coach and Mentor, Kemi Oyesola also known as CoachKemi, a few questions that give us a bit of insight into her journey and her perspective on what it means to SHINE.
As we count down to a brand new year, we continue our Special Series featuring the amazing global influencers who are speaking and sharing their brilliance at the LEAP AND SHINE CONFERENCE 2020 coming up in London, UK on February 21-22.
1. When you think of the word SHINE what first comes to your mind? And what does "Shining" look like from your Point Of View (POV)?
SHINE speaks of DAZZLING to me and when one dazzles, they cannot be missed.
"From my POV, 'shining' looks like courage and boldness all wrapped in one. It looks like power exploding from with."
- Kemi Oyesola (Coachkemi)
2. What would you say is your Shine Factor?
My Shine Factor is my ability to say it as it is and 'inFIRE' others to show up with ALL of them. It is my ability to help another recognise that they are MLTMs - Mean Lean Thinking Machines - who if they choose can make their lives a blazing trail to follow.
3. What are your thoughts about Mentorship and Influence, do you think there is a connection?
Influence is so much more powerful than mentorship; However, great Mentoring is infused with dollops of Influence and it is this that gets the job done. That is the connection.
"Mentoring is largely not defined by the words and talk but by the Influence within the Mentor - the MENTEE absorbs."
- Kemi Oyesola (CoachKemi)
4. Mentorship is a two-way relationship between the Mentor and the Mentee. Can you share two qualities you think mentees should exhibit in order to get the best out of their mentors?
1. Turning up on time for your sessions with your Mentor is non-negotiable - it shows your mental positioning, which is the most important position anyone should take.
2. Just the way the Mentee sits down before their Mentor shows a desire to learn and absorb. Slouching or any other sitting position identifies the Mentee as a no-show even if they are taking notes and listening. Minor you say, but I see it as a great Major within a seeming Minor.
5. Can you think of one specific moment in which you dulled your shine and how you got your lustre/sparkle back?
Ah yes, dulled when I had the deadly thought of giving up and flowed it through for 2 long weeks.
I got my lustre back, my dazzle back, my sparkle back when I realised I could do nothing else because I WAS BORN FOR THIS!!! This is MY LIFE. Any other would be me dying intentionally and die I would from the sheer thought ... well, no thought is 'sheer.'
6. If you could BRAG about one particular Shine Moment in your career, or business what would it be?
The day I created my FIRST online course - The Thought Transformation Blueprint - and put it out there. Oh, what a moment - a series of moments - from creating to sharing.
7. You are one of the Global Speakers at the February 2020 Leap And SHINE Conference in London. What should attendees expect from you at the conference?
Attendees should expect an explosion! They should come ready to realise that evading their shine is an inescapable reality. That 2020 is their year to absolute dazzle with reckless abandon and a solid footing - and I am the one to IGNITE that fire in them that will blaze at 100 degrees because there is no other way to SHINE!
More About Kemi Oyesola
Kemi Oyesola aka CoachKemi is a Prolific, Bold and Fearless Speaker of the Truth, Coach, Author, Mentor and CEO of How2Think Global Consulting Empire. She is the ‘creator’ of How2Think and Dominate Mastermind, Idea to Income 6-Week Intensive and How2Think Thinking School. She has studied and taught leaders in every field from top executives to business owners; church members to young people groups; spoken to audiences of over 100,000 and at Christian retreats and conferences, the fine art of How2Think in various countries like Nigeria, USA, UK, Spain, Kenya, etc. Through her books, over 300 videos and digital courses, CoachKemi has helped thousands in various countries realise their God-given ability to have Dominion and EXCEL. CoachKemi holds 2 Bachelor degrees in the Sciences and the Arts and is a Certified Gold Coach & NLP Practitioner. She volunteers as a Mentor with the Cherie Blair Foundation, Women in Banking & Finance (WIBF), 3 Young People’s Organisations: Black Training Enterprise Group and Kingsgen Foundation as well as seats on the Board of Young People Matter.
About The Event
The Leap and Shine Conference which started in 2016 as a Virtual Summit is an initiative founded by Clara Rufai, The Shine Strategist offering Creative, Interactive and Transformational opportunities by bringing together global Thought-leaders and Influencers for paradigm-shifting, life-defining discussions with the aim to inspire, equip and empower individuals to break free from their prisons of limitation and take a ‘LEAP’ into their ‘SHINE ZONE’.
The two-day event promises enlightenment, education, entertainment, and networking with a line-up of successful global achievers. The theme for the conference is “Ready to Shine” and targeted at individuals and business leaders seeking to grow momentum and build a network of fruitful collaborations.
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!